It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
General Precautions and Restrictions
Do not allow adults, children or pets to enter the treated area until sprays have dried. Do not apply this product directly to pets.
- Do not water the treated area to the point of runoff.
- Do not make applications during rain.
- Application is prohibited directly into sewers or drains, or to any area like a gutter where drainage to sewers, storm drains, water bodies or aquatic habitat can occur. Do not allow the product to enter any drain during or after application.
- Not for use in outdoor residential misting systems.
- All outdoor applications must be limited to spot or crack-and-crevice treatments only, except for the following permitted uses:
1. Treatment to soil or vegetation around structures
2. Applications to lawns, turf and other vegetation
3. Applications to building foundations, up to a maximum height of 3 ft
Other than applications to building foundations, all outdoor applications to impervious surfaces, such as sidewalks, driveways, patios, porches, and structural surfaces (such as windows, doors, and eaves) are limited to spot and crack-and-crevice applications only.
HOSE-END SPRAYER INSTRUCTIONS
- Shake container well before using.
- Connect a garden hose to the Ready-Spray nozzle. Make sure the dial on the nozzle is in the “OFF” position with the safety tab in the valve notch.
- Turn on water at faucet. Extend hose to the farthest area of lawn to be treated and work back toward the faucet so you don’t come in contact with the treated area.
- To BEGIN spraying, point nozzle toward lawn or plants to be treated and 1.) bend the safety tab (located at right of dial) back and hold, and 2.) using your other hand, QUICKLY turn the dial clockwise until it stops and tab engages into notch. Water will automatically mix with the product at a dilution rate of 100:1.
- Spray until wet to control insects listed. Walk at a steady pace while spraying using an even sweeping motion, slightly overlapping treated areas. One quart will treat up to 5,000 sq ft. Calculate square feet by multiplying length by width. Refer to sight gauge to guide coverage (example: when bottle is half empty, you should have covered half the area).
- To STOP spraying, QUICKLY turn the dial in the opposite direction of “ON” (counterclockwise) until it stops and the safety tab engages into the notch. Turn water off at faucet. To relieve pressure before removing nozzle from hose, bend the safety tab back and turn dial “ON” until water stops spraying.
- To STORE unused product, make sure the dial is in the “OFF” position with the safety tab in the valve notch. Place in a cool area away from heat, sunlight or open flame.
Black Flag® Flea & Tick Killer Concentrate Yard Treatment will control ants, armyworms, crickets, cutworms, chinch bugs, fleas, grasshoppers, mole crickets, mosquitoes, non-poisonous spiders, ticks and sod webworms in bentgrass, Bermudagrass, bluegrass, fescue, Irish moss, merion and St. Augustine lawns.
TREES, SHRUBS AND FLOWERS
Black Flag Flea & Tick Killer Concentrate Yard Treatment will control aphids, bagworms, budworms, citrus black flies, cicadas, elm leaf beetles, elm spanworms, fall cankerworms, inchworms, leafminers, leafrollers, mealybugs, needle scales, oakworms, pine beetles, pine moths, pine needleminers, spider mites, exposed thrips, fall webworms, tussock moths, and whiteflies on ageratum, aster, Arizona cypress, azalea, begonia, birch, cherry, non-bearing citrus, coleus, common ninebark and snowberry, conifers, elm, English ivy, euonymus, exacum, weeping fig, fir, gladiolus, gold bells, honeysuckle, hypoestes, ivy, lilac, marigold, mock-orange, nannyberry, oak, orchid, palm, pansy, pea shrub, petunia, philodendron, pine, poinsettia, rhododendron, rose, snapdragon, taxus, tulip poplar and zinnia.
- Ensure home lawns are no taller than 3 inches at time of application.
- Wet down lawns a few hours before applying.
- Make application to trees, flowers and shrubs when the temperature is between 50°F and 75°F.